Saturday, September 26, 2020

We've Got Cows...and Footnotes Muse # 127

 

Greetings, all! It's soooo close to spooky season that I can barely stop myself from breaking out my copy of Practical Magic and beginning my annual re-read (and, of course re-watching the movie...the differences between the two make me oddly happy). But it's NOT YET time for spooky, just for wild weather. And so...we've got cows*. A cow.+ Not a flying cow. Although it could have just landed. You decide. Looking forward to seeing what's on your minds & your screens this week!

*Reference to the movie Twister. 

+ One of my 'real-life' spooky stories involved a black cow that would sometimes come to the creek running through Camp Pryor when I was a Brownie (scout). There were all kinds of rumors about WHAT THAT WAS just through the trees. I mean, you're sleeping in platform tents that you first had to sweep free of large wolf spiders and it's hot and you can see the brush moving on the other side but you can't really see it. But I'm sure this cow is perfectly friendly...



22 comments:

  1. This last week witches came flying from the front yard trees and one had a giant great white sranding witch with bright pink eyes that shone in the dark. Pumpkins and smaller witches all over, yards, doors, windows, and trees.
    We have kids from babies to college in nearly every home. We are the only seniors we know of in the surounding four large blocks. Several parents have adopted us as psuedo parents, we even attended a student band concert. Even though free for screened seniors, no high school football games for us this year. Just remain "the always there neighborhood grand parents." We bedded and boarded our youngest, 11, grandaughter last night. She spent hours on her phone. We're softies.
    I went to sleep last night with the lady and the cow on my mind with eight words. Not sure I'll use the words. Bye,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you make great neighborhood grandparents Jim. Hope you have a great weekend, and look forward to your cow poem.

      Delete
  2. Love the image Chrissa! I do love cows so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an affinity for cows .... love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I remember riding the cows to the barn at night on my great-grandmother's farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had fun at your great grandmother's farm. I think there are a lot of us that have fond memories and thoughts of cows.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can’t tell who’s hosting today; Carrie or Chrissa? Either way, hello to you both and, what a charming image! A happy Sunday to you all😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vivian, so glad you are here. It is Chrissa this week. Happy Sunday to you my friend. 🌻

      Delete
  7. Good Morning all! Okay, I had a little fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday dear Linda! I am delighted you had fun with this one! Chrissa chose a wonderful image! 🤩

      Delete
  8. I grew up with the lowing of cattle as background music. To this day it's a soothing sound, though I seldom hear it. Cattle are just placid, and pleasant to be around!

    (By the way, I notice this web site is not secure. You may want to go to Settings and click the little box to make it secure.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes cattle are peaceful to me. Thank you Beverly for letting us know about the security in the blog. Your a jewel! 🌷

      Delete
  9. Love the image! It took me on a journey I didn't expect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I walk past three heifers every day when I go for my walk. :) (They belong to the neighbor, not me, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That makes for a more pleasant walk for sure. Glad you are here Mary! 🌷

    ReplyDelete