Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Wednesday Muse # 9 Anniversary

Hello Musers!  I have been thinking about things that occur on an annual basis - anniversaries of a sort.  We all have them.  Wedding anniversaries, birthdays, the time we became engaged, the death of a loved one, pet, friend; the day we received a degree or got the job of our lives, the day we published a book.

So I am making this short and sweet:  write about an anniversary or several in one poem.  Let's try our best to make this true poetry instead of prose broken into lines.  Fireblossom wrote a wonderful article about writing poetry and it woke me up a bit.

I remember when my husband asked me to marry him - to the day!  I think of the day my mother died and the day a friend committed suicide.  I look back on the day I was hired for my first job.  Especially I remember our wedding anniversary!


Some of us even celebrate the day we adopted a pet - a Gotcha Day!  

I think we all remember the day we got various degrees as well.
We remember the day we lost a loved one to another.  We remember all kinds of things that affect our hearts.

So please, share with us an anniversary.  And make it poetric and make it no more than four stanzas.

Enjoy the write!  


6 comments:

  1. This is an interesting prompt...but I'm going to take a break from prompts for a bit. Thanks for all the wonderful prompts and good wishes & writing to everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this prompt and thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little late, my apologies but better late than never.
    Thank you for the prompt, Toni

    ReplyDelete